Something Is About to Change
There are seasons in life when it feels like nothing is ever going to change. The prayers have been prayed. The tears have been shed. The waiting has stretched on longer than we ever expected. We continue showing up, continue believing, continue hoping, yet the circumstances around us seem exactly the same. During those seasons, it can be easy to feel discouraged. It can be easy to wonder if God sees what we are facing or if the breakthrough we are praying for will ever come.
I think most of us have experienced moments like that. Moments when we stare at a situation that appears impossible. Moments when the mountain in front of us seems too high to climb or the walls surrounding us seem too strong to fall. Moments when we feel trapped by circumstances we cannot control and burdened by challenges we cannot fix. If we are not careful, those moments can convince us that nothing will ever change.
Yet one of the most powerful truths I have learned in my walk with God is that our circumstances do not always tell the whole story. What appears impossible from a human perspective is often the very place where God begins to work. Throughout Scripture, God repeatedly stepped into situations that looked hopeless. He made a way where there seemed to be no way. He opened doors no one else could open. He transformed circumstances that appeared beyond repair. Again and again, He demonstrated that His power is not limited by what we see.
There have been times in my own life when I felt stuck. Times when I prayed for answers that seemed delayed and hoped for breakthroughs that felt distant. During those seasons, I often focused on what wasn't changing rather than remembering who God is. I looked at the size of the problem instead of the size of the God I serve. Looking back now, I realize how often God was working behind the scenes long before I could see any evidence of it. While I was focused on the obstacle, He was already preparing the solution.
One of the challenges of faith is that we rarely get to see the entire picture while we are living through it. We see today's struggle, today's disappointment, and today's unanswered questions. God sees the complete story. He sees what is happening behind the scenes. He sees the opportunities being prepared, the hearts being softened, the lessons being learned, and the doors that are about to open. What feels like inactivity to us may actually be a season of preparation in God's hands.
There is something remarkable about the way Jesus changes the atmosphere of a situation. Throughout the Gospels, people encountered circumstances that seemed hopeless until Jesus entered the scene. The blind received sight. The lame walked. The broken were restored. The hopeless found hope again. It wasn't because the circumstances suddenly improved on their own. It was because Jesus brought His power into situations where human solutions had reached their limits.
I love reflecting on those stories because they remind me that Jesus has not changed. The same Savior who transformed lives two thousand years ago is still transforming lives today. His power has not diminished. His compassion has not faded. His ability to intervene has not weakened. Sometimes we become so familiar with the stories of Scripture that we forget how extraordinary they really are. They are reminders that nothing is impossible for God.
That truth becomes especially important during seasons when hope feels difficult to maintain. There are moments when life presents us with challenges that seem larger than our faith. We face situations that appear impossible to overcome. We encounter circumstances that leave us feeling exhausted and discouraged. During those moments, hope can feel fragile. Yet hope is not rooted in our circumstances. Hope is rooted in God's character. Our confidence comes not from what we see but from who He is.
I have learned that breakthroughs often arrive when we least expect them. Sometimes God works in dramatic ways that leave no doubt about His involvement. Other times He works quietly, gradually changing circumstances one step at a time. Either way, His timing is always intentional. Looking back over my life, I can identify countless moments when God answered prayers in ways I never anticipated. At the time, I could not see what He was doing. In hindsight, I can clearly see His fingerprints all over the situation.
One of the greatest temptations during difficult seasons is to give up too soon. We become weary from waiting. We grow discouraged by delays. We begin to assume that because we have not seen a breakthrough yet, one is never coming. Yet some of the most important miracles in life happen after long periods of waiting. Some of the greatest victories come after seasons that seemed endless. If we could see what God sees, we might realize that the breakthrough is often much closer than we think.
Faith requires us to continue believing even when evidence is limited. It requires us to trust that God is working even when we cannot see immediate results. That kind of faith is not always easy, but it is often where the greatest growth occurs. Waiting stretches our faith. It teaches us patience. It reminds us that our hope is not based on circumstances but on God's promises.
I think one of the reasons testimony is so powerful is because it reminds us of what God has already done. When we hear stories of lives transformed, prayers answered, and impossible situations redeemed, our faith grows stronger. Testimonies remind us that God's faithfulness is not just something we read about in Scripture. It is something we continue to witness today. Every testimony becomes evidence that God is still working, still moving, and still performing miracles.
When I reflect on my own life, I realize that I have my own collection of testimonies. There are prayers God has answered that I once thought would never be answered. There are situations He carried me through that seemed impossible at the time. There are moments when He provided exactly what I needed at exactly the right moment. Those experiences have become anchors for my faith because they remind me that God's faithfulness is not theoretical. It is personal.
That history with God gives me confidence when I face new challenges. Whenever I encounter another obstacle or another season of waiting, I can look back and remember how faithfully He has led me before. The same God who carried me through previous storms is capable of carrying me through whatever lies ahead. The same God who made a way before can make a way again. The same God who brought breakthrough in the past is still at work in the present.
Sometimes the breakthrough we need begins with a shift in perspective. Instead of focusing entirely on what has not changed, we begin remembering who God is. Instead of dwelling on the size of the obstacle, we focus on the greatness of the One who stands above it. Instead of allowing discouragement to define our outlook, we choose to trust God's promises. That shift does not instantly remove every challenge, but it changes how we walk through them.
Praise also plays an important role during seasons of waiting. It is easy to praise God after the breakthrough arrives. It is much harder to praise Him while we are still waiting for it. Yet there is something powerful about worshiping in the middle of uncertainty. Praise reminds us that God's goodness is not dependent on our circumstances. It reminds us that He remains worthy even when we do not understand what He is doing. It shifts our focus from the problem to the Problem Solver.
As I continue walking through life, I am learning to trust God more deeply with the situations I cannot control. I am learning that waiting does not mean He has forgotten me. Delays do not mean He is absent. Obstacles do not mean the story is over. In many cases, they are simply part of the process that leads to something greater than I can currently see.
The truth is that every one of us will face moments when circumstances appear impossible. We will encounter walls that seem too high, challenges that seem too difficult, and seasons that test our faith. During those times, we have a choice. We can focus entirely on what stands in front of us, or we can remember who stands beside us. We can allow fear to define our expectations, or we can trust the God who has never failed us.
Looking back, I can see countless examples of God's faithfulness. I can see moments when He stepped into situations that seemed hopeless and brought restoration. I can see times when He provided strength I did not know I had. I can see evidence of His presence even during seasons when I felt uncertain. Those memories remind me that God is still working, still moving, and still changing lives.
Because of that, I choose to believe that breakthrough is always possible. I choose to believe that no situation is beyond God's reach. I choose to believe that walls can still fall, chains can still break, hearts can still heal, and lives can still be transformed. Most importantly, I choose to believe that when Jesus steps into a situation, something is about to change. The circumstances may not shift immediately, and the answer may not arrive according to my timeline, but I know this much: God is never finished working. As long as He is involved in the story, there is always reason to hope, always reason to believe, and always reason to expect that the best chapter may still be ahead.

Comments