One Day

There are days when life feels heavy. Days when questions linger longer than answers, when pain seems to have no purpose, and when the future feels uncertain. In those moments, I find myself looking beyond what I can see right now and focusing on a promise that has sustained believers for generations: this world is not our final home. No matter how difficult the journey becomes, there is a day coming when everything will be made right. There is a day coming when every tear will be wiped away, every burden will be lifted, and every broken thing will be restored. That promise does not erase today's struggles, but it gives me hope to keep moving forward.

When I think about eternity, one of the most comforting truths is knowing that this earthly body is temporary. As the years pass, we become increasingly aware of our limitations. We experience illness, pain, exhaustion, and loss. We watch loved ones struggle. We face challenges we never expected to encounter. Our bodies remind us daily that we live in a fallen world. Yet Scripture tells us that this is not the end of the story. One day, we will leave behind these imperfect bodies and receive something far greater. The aches, limitations, and weaknesses that seem so overwhelming now will be replaced with something perfect and eternal. What an incredible promise that is. The body that grows tired, breaks down, and carries the scars of this life will one day be transformed by the power of God.

I often wonder what that moment will be like. What will it feel like to step from the temporary into the eternal? What will it be like to see everything through heavenly eyes rather than earthly ones? We spend so much of our lives walking by faith, trusting in things we cannot yet see. We read about heaven, pray to a Savior we have never physically met, and hold onto promises that require faith to believe. Yet there is coming a day when faith will become sight. There is coming a day when we will no longer need to imagine His presence because we will stand in it.

The thought of seeing Jesus face to face is almost impossible for me to fully comprehend. Throughout my life, I have prayed to Him, cried out to Him, thanked Him, questioned Him, and trusted Him. He has walked beside me through seasons of joy and seasons of heartbreak. He has carried me through circumstances I never thought I could survive. Yet all of that has happened through faith. One day, that faith will no longer be necessary because I will actually see Him. The One who knew me before I was born. The One who loved me enough to die for me. The One who never left me during the darkest moments of my life. I cannot imagine what it will be like to stand before Him and finally see His face.

Sometimes I think about all the questions I have carried through life. There are mysteries I do not understand and situations that never seemed to make sense. There are moments when I have wondered why certain things happened the way they did. There are prayers that appeared unanswered and roads that led in directions I never expected to travel. Perhaps one day I will walk with Jesus and He will explain some of those mysteries. Maybe He will show me how He was working behind the scenes when I could not see His hand. Maybe He will reveal how even the painful chapters of life were woven into a greater story than I could understand at the time. Or perhaps when I finally stand in His presence, those questions will no longer matter because His glory will overshadow everything else.

The older I get, the more I realize that heaven is not merely a destination. Heaven is being with Jesus. The streets of gold, the gates of pearl, and the wonders we read about in Scripture are beautiful images, but they are not the greatest treasure waiting for us. The greatest treasure is the presence of God Himself. Every longing of the human heart ultimately points back to Him. Every search for meaning, purpose, belonging, and peace finds its fulfillment in His presence. One day, we will no longer experience Him through glimpses and moments. We will live fully in His presence forever.

I love the picture Scripture gives us of believers gathered before the throne of God. People from every nation, every language, every generation, standing together in worship. Imagine the countless saints who have gone before us. The faithful men and women who endured persecution, hardship, suffering, and sacrifice because they believed God's promises were true. Imagine standing among them and realizing that the journey is finally complete. All the years of faith, perseverance, and trusting God through uncertainty have brought us home.

When I think about that gathering before God's throne, I am reminded of how small I am and how great He is. Here on earth, we often focus on ourselves, our problems, our accomplishments, and our plans. Yet when we stand before the Creator of the universe, all of those things will fade into their proper perspective. We will see His holiness in a way we never have before. We will see His majesty, His power, His wisdom, and His glory. In that moment, worship will not feel like an obligation. It will be the natural response of every redeemed heart.

The Bible describes heavenly worship with the words, "Holy, Holy, Holy." Those words have echoed through generations of believers, yet I suspect we have only scratched the surface of their meaning. God's holiness is beyond anything we can fully comprehend in this life. One day, when we stand before Him, we will understand more clearly why heaven never tires of declaring His holiness. We will see perfection beyond imagination. We will see love without flaw, justice without corruption, power without limitation, and goodness without end.

The thought of laying our crowns before Him is particularly meaningful to me. Everything we accomplish in this life ultimately comes from Him. Every gift, every talent, every opportunity, every blessing is a reflection of His grace. Yet how often do we cling to our achievements as though they belong solely to us? In heaven, there will be no pride, no competition, and no desire for recognition. There will only be gratitude. Whatever rewards we receive, we will gladly place them at His feet because we will finally understand that He alone is worthy of all honor and glory.

One of the promises that brings me the greatest comfort is knowing that death itself will be abolished. Death has touched every life. It has brought grief, separation, and heartbreak to countless families. It is the enemy that no human being can escape. Yet Scripture tells us that death's reign will not last forever. There is coming a day when death will be defeated completely. There will be no more funerals, no more goodbyes, no more hospital rooms, and no more tears caused by loss. The shadow that has followed humanity since the fall will finally disappear forever.

Likewise, sin will lose its power once and for all. Every struggle we face with temptation, selfishness, fear, and brokenness will be gone. We will no longer battle the weaknesses that so often hinder us. We will no longer live in a world marked by suffering, division, and pain. Instead, we will experience the fullness of God's design, untouched by the effects of sin. That reality is difficult to imagine because sin has shaped every part of the world we know. Yet God's promise is that a new creation is coming, one where righteousness reigns forever.

I often wonder what surprises God has waiting for us. Scripture gives us beautiful glimpses of eternity, but I suspect there is far more than we can comprehend. The God who created mountains, oceans, stars, sunsets, and every intricate detail of life surely has wonders beyond our imagination prepared for His children. The creativity and beauty we experience now are only reflections of the One who created them. If this fallen world can still contain such breathtaking beauty, what must eternity be like?

One image that has always touched my heart is the promise that each believer will receive a stone engraved with a new name known only to God. There is something deeply personal about that promise. In a world where people are often misunderstood, overlooked, or defined by their failures, God knows us completely. He knows every fear, every hope, every struggle, and every victory. He knows the parts of our story that no one else sees. The idea that He has a name for each of us known only between Him and us speaks of a relationship far deeper than we can fully grasp.

Perhaps that is what I look forward to most. Not the absence of pain, though that will be wonderful. Not even the beauty of heaven itself. What I look forward to most is being fully known by the One who created me and fully loved by the One who saved me. There will be no barriers, no misunderstandings, no distance, and no separation. There will only be perfect fellowship with the God who has walked beside me every step of the way.

Until that day comes, I will continue to walk by faith. I will continue to trust Him when I do not understand. I will continue to hold onto His promises when circumstances seem uncertain. And when life feels overwhelming, I will remember that this world is not the end of the story. One day I will leave this body and receive a perfect one. One day I will see His glory shining brighter than the noonday sun. One day I will stand before His throne surrounded by countless believers who have finally come home. One day I will see my Savior face to face. And on that day, like every redeemed soul gathered before Him, all I will be able to say is, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord Almighty."

Comments

Popular Posts